Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Thought for the day.

Thinking and dreaming about summer plans. I have talked with the Myers Family, who are from the Wenatchee Free Methodist Church and are currently working in Nigeria, about coming for a few months to assist with their ministries there. Would you be praying that the Lord would continue to direct and provide HIS plan for the things to come?


I've also been thinking a lot about the anxiety that I feel when I think about my timetable for each day. I teach 5 times a week, which is not a lot compared to the amount of time in each day, and yet somehow I still feel rushed, like I must hurry from one place to the next, so very American. Did you know that the term 'Mzungu' comes from a Swahili verb that means someone who runs around in circles getting very, very dizzy. Yikes! They have me pegged pretty well. They shout it as I walk by and whisper it when they think I'm not listening but little do they know I'm very aware of this deeply ingrained desire to jump from place to place; that all this business creates a struggle to find time for the Lord and time for myself and sometimes even leads me to doubt the reasons I'm here. I remind myself often to breathe, to relax and enjoy my time. It's not meant to be a chore and things go so much better when I'm at rest and not pushing, pushing, pushing to get things done.


I had to have some difficult conversations this week and can't be very specific but I can say that I felt your prayers, that I was surprised how well they went and even felt refreshed and uplifted, so thank you! Thanks for your support, so glad you are on my team.



Hotmail: Trusted email with Microsoft's powerful SPAM protection. Sign up now.

No comments:

Post a Comment