Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Blog-able

I leaned over to Barb last night and said 'This is totally blog-able'. Not only has this blog become a routine but its therapeutic and I'm constantly thinking of new  things I can share with you. I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I love writing it.  Last night Barb Vibbert and I began a fluency class or conversation time for students, it is optional, free and doesn't include much homework. We were pleased to see 25 males in attendance from Burundi, Congo and Rwanda. I can already see it's going to be a lot of fun. At the end of class Barb showed a DVD on phonics and 25 guys sat repeating and singing along 'a i r says air'. It might have seemed hilarious at the time to see them drop their guard and respond like grade school kids but the importance of being understood is unmeasurable.
We celebrated Birthdays this week-both Javier and Brandon added a year to their lives, I'm pretty sure Rachel and I were more excited to give them their gifts then they were to receive them but they put on a good face for us. Rachel and I also moved to our new apartment on campus, our home for the next 9 months, it has been really fun nesting and cooking and making it our own, its surprising what a change of scenery can do for your perspective. The attached photo is the view from our bathroom window, that right there should be reason enough to visit, God's creation is just so beautiful! Our days click right along, filled with lesson planning and teaching and chapels and time with the students, ministry is never boring. Rachel and I are both looking forward to our upcoming trip to Kenya. I am counting down the days-just two weeks now- when I will not only get to meet many missionaries serving in Africa but will also get to see some really great friends, both the Willsons (Malawi) and the Myers (Nigeria) will be there. I am looking forward to what I'm sure will be a great time of fellowship. You can be praying this week that the students continue to learn from us, 50 people in a language class seems like such a barrier to me but all things are possible with Christ!

No comments:

Post a Comment