Saturday, April 24, 2010

You'll need one sheet of paper

My students groan each time they have a test or a quiz or I make them write a little something in class. It's a big 'ohhhh' times 50 people, I laugh each time they moan, did they forget they were in University? They know what's coming now 'cause each time I announce 'You'll need one sheet of paper'. And then the 'ohhhhh' comes. They threatened this week to give me an exam instead. I'm sure that if there not sick of quizzes already they will be by the time they leave my class. I choose to think of it as character building, they would probably call it torture.

This week in class we talked about: The instructions Luke, Paul and Mark have given to the Church and how we are to follow their teachings. We talked about so much, too much, should, must, desert, dessert, synonyms, antonyms, analogies and definitions. We talked about dictations and pronunciation. We discussed how a country recovers from war and the role of a leader within that recovery process. Is the BEST plan to rely on foreign aid? We talked about how a leader must help a nation with hungry people, how to teach others and how to pray for wisdom.  We talked about 'What's Up', 'Hanging Out' and being 'Busy as a Bee'.  We talked about cheating in University-should it be allowed?  We wrote papers on the characteristics of a good leader and practiced pronunciation of our L and R sounds. Do leaders always have honor, does honor follow leadership or does leadership follow honor, what is honor? How do we serve and love and help?  Why has God given me a mind and a heart and talents? We talked about their role as University Students with an education and how it makes them a leader in their community whether they like it or not.  I'm hoping most of them like it. Whew, I'm tired.





The New Busy is not the too busy. Combine all your e-mail accounts with Hotmail. Get busy.

1 comment: