Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Proud Mama

A student told me today that I spoke English well.  I tried to have my best teacher face on and to not laugh in his face. In my most sincere voice I said "Thank you; I've had lots of practice". I love students!  He then proceeded to ask me precisely where I lived. Well if were gonna get technical and if I can learn new words like Urakoze (Thank You), Mbabarira (sorry), and Ntakinto, then he is fully qualified to learn Wenatchee. So I put little Wenatchee, Washington on the map for this guy, I made him pronounce it correctly and everything, he passed the test well, and it made me smile to think about my little town so far away.

On my way back to my apartment last night after teaching I ran into some students and during our great conversation I hear behind me, "Hey, What's Up?" I just taught my students that phrase last week and low and behold it was my student greeting me as he walked by. I had a proud mamma moment. Good for him for having the courage to try his new and odd vocabulary J



The New Busy is not the old busy. Search, chat and e-mail from your inbox. Get started.

No comments:

Post a Comment