Monday, August 16, 2010

The Birds Have Been Talking

As they say in Burundi "The birds have been talking" I guess that's like
"A little birdie told me", now I haven't been told anything new but I
wonder if you have. I wonder if word has gotten around and you've been
let in on the secret. Not that it was intended to be kept secret but
sometimes good news is better saved until the right moment, maybe the
moment when things are definite and set in stone. This is not that
moment. You may have heard I won't be returning to teach at Hope Africa
University, that would be correct. You may have heard I hope to continue
here in Nigeria, that would also be correct. Maybe you also know that on
Wednesday I fly to Nairobi, where I will apply for yet another visa, one
that can't be issued here in Nigeria but will allow me to come back to
Nigeria-you may thing 'hmmm that's odd'- I would agree with you-take it
up with my friends in immigration. You can be praying that the kind
folks at the embassy in Nairobi would grant me my visa so that I can
come back to Hope Academy. I can't say I'm a fan of being stretched by
the Lord, taking it on faith that the necessary paperwork, finances and
logistics will fall into place. Whatever happened to the missionary who
just stayed in one place? I have been back and forth on this decision.
Where is the Lord calling me? Approaching it with a divided heart;
loving the people of Burundi and the life that I began there and yet
drawn to the school here in Emi-Woro, to our boarding students and the
cause for better education. I'm thankful for the season of ministry in
Burundi, for the lessons learned and relationships made, I am also
thankful for the time spent here in Emi-Woro, for the work the Lord is
doing and the ways I can participate. I look forward to this new season
with anticipation. I'm thankful that even though I didn't know, my
church didn't know and my supporters didn't know what this year would
hold they have remained faithful to support me in whatever the Lord
calls me to; Burundi, Nigeria, Malawi or.... Please join me in prayer as
I travel on Wednesday from Nigeria to Kenya and on Thursday as I speak
with Immigration about Visas. All this change brings extra flights,
visas, living expenses, ministry expenses, etc. if you would like to
make a donation you can send checks to Wenatchee Free Methodist Church.

No comments:

Post a Comment