Thursday, February 25, 2010

This week in Brief

Today, I started teaching again, it felt so good to be back in the classroom. All 55 of my morning students send their greetings to you. I met new friends from Greece and England. I began my tutoring session with two Greek teenagers. Met a new friend at church who works for the US Embassy and side note also checks on Americans who are blogging about Burundi, yes you guessed it on our first meeting she had already read about us....creepy? I thought so too! Enjoyed a typical Sunday nap. Hooray the container from America arrived with many books and materials and a radio tower for the extension of the HAU radio station-big deal around here! Shopped in town at the market, got to practice my Kirundi. Went to chapel and Sunday service, felt fed and blessed despite the language barrier. Attended two church services cause one just wasn't enough. Looking forward to spending my three week anniversary with Rachel and Javier but still missing YOU.


1 comment:

  1. It is very creepy that someone is keeping tabs on US citizens blogging about Burundi. Just affirms what I've known in my gut since I was 8 years old! Glad you're having such a wonderful time, Steph.

    ReplyDelete