Thursday, February 11, 2010

Students are Coming!

Wanted you to know I was doing well, it has been several days of transition, getting over jetlag and meeting lots of new faces, I am anxious for classes to start, the American in me is anxious for a routine and plan to begin. Today registration for the students begins many will come in from Kenya, Congo and Rwanda. New students have a week of orientation and then classes will begin on the 15th. Slowly, slowly we are learning what we will be up to this next semester. I am in temporary guest housing for the first month and then will move into the visiting professors apartment in March, anxious to be settled and ‘nest’ but am thankful I have a place to be for the time remaining. The HAU staff have been nothing but welcoming and accommodating. My favorite part of this last week has been reconnecting with friends I have met on previous trips to Burundi. It is so good to have something familiar and know at least someone is happy to see me :) Thank you for continuing to pray for transition, your prayers are felt!

No comments:

Post a Comment