Saturday, February 19, 2011

Dinner for two

I can tell they disapprove, it's evident by their facial expressions. We
order something and they throw their hands up in the air, as if ordering
a crepe and an omelet is some kind of offense. We leave a little
something on our plates and they squish their noses up, this I already
feel bad for, I know its wasteful but if you make me eat all that you
served me I'm gonna keel over. When I don't order vegetables, just rice
and chicken, they ask a prompting question 'no vegetables?', making sure
to throw in the fact that adding veggies would be no extra charge. It's
quite humorous. They probably don't know I practice self control in not
ordering a coke for dinner. For a culture that is non confrontational
they sure aren't shy about letting us know how their feeling about our
meal orders. At least we know they care.

No comments:

Post a Comment