Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Burundi Update

Back in Burundi, feels good to be back. But I think the thing I was
trying to avoid has actually happened. I was trying to avoid going home,
feeling like I still wanted to stay and after a month of praying about
this next transition I believe the Lord has prepared me to return to the
states, well mostly prepared me :) I still have some weeks left in
Burundi and am looking forward to those weeks ahead but knowing its at
the end of the trip and not the beginning makes it strangely different.
I feel ready for something different. I wonder what it will feel like to
unpack and know I'm not leaving the country in just a few months. I'm
thankful today for my friends who really understand the motivation to
follow the spirit from one place to the next and who appreciate the
difficulty it is to leave each place.

Thank you for praying for my friends in Nigeria, they arrived this last
weekend and are thankful to be back.
Thank you for praying for Rachel she is now safe in the states and loves it!
Thank you for your prayers for my last week of classes. It was sad to
leave my students but we will see each other again. They did a great job
and all transitioned from English to Bible Classes.

Pray for our time of ministry here these next few weeks, working with
Burundian staff, visiting widows from across the country and being
sensitive to what the Lord is calling us to.

I appreciate you!

No comments:

Post a Comment