Friday, July 30, 2010

Return

In just two and a half weeks I'll go back to Burundi. Where did they
time go?
There have been some days when I've missed some things about Burundi,
certainly not the burn pile of course,
or the dog barking in the middle of the night. But today I was ready,
ready for the beach, ready
for my friends and my apartment and coffee shops, grocery stores,
market, all of it, I am so ready
for a little taste of Buja. I'm hoping for a time of sweet reunion. And
yet I'm a little bit anxious
about how it will all be. I hate change, even if I am the one to
initiate it. Even if I chose to
spend the summer in a different country and have my life again take on a
nomadic style I still
don't like it. So I'll do my best to embrace the change that August will
bring, change of locations and
environments and relationships.

No comments:

Post a Comment