Friday, October 28, 2011

Times 2

Have you met Ibrahim yet? I can't remember if I've introduced you. Both
of these boys would not only do great in a photo shoot for an album
cover but both are named Ibrahim, both are new this term and both are in
my Transition classroom. They have almost all of their alphabet down,
and can write their name with out 'copy copy' as we say here. I think we
can all relate to being a 'newcomer', these guys impress me all the time
with their courage and skill and ability to absorb all that happens on
our compound. A mixture of tribes and cultures, new languages, exposure
to a different religion, new food, new people, new everything. I think
you'd be impressed too if you had the chance to meet them. One is very
quiet, while the other learns through experience- he wants to touch and
be a part of everything.

1 comment:

  1. this is a new style for you...what happened to "blogging it out"? I guess I'm not there to encourage such behavior. Or perhaps you have no need to "blog it out". Oh I hope the latter is true.

    ReplyDelete