Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Feelings

Have you seen the movie 'What About Bob?' I love it, a little weird,
like a one hit wonder, a little too much early 90s, a little quirky but
still great. I love the line when Bob has fear, of well everything, and
in order to get through the next moment of life he says over and over to
himself 'I feel good, I feel great, I feel wonderful, I feel good, I
feel great, I feel wonderful.' I like it because it's so true about
life. Sometimes we don't always FEEL good, we don't always feel ready
for the next moment but if you can turn to the positive maybe you can
gear yourself up for what is to come, maybe if you pretend for just a
bit you will actually start to believe it. Bridget has been reminding me
to foucs on what IS happening, not on what isn't. So in order to keep
you in the loop, I'll share about my morning, trying to think on the
positive, willing myself to feel good, great, even wonderful! I spent
recess with friends, I know they're my friends cause they smile when I
greet them. I made letters and shapes out of playdough-finding extra joy
in the word cow, I drew on the cement floor trying to teach the
difference between G J and Z, I read story books, I watched a student
get promoted from Primary One to Primary Three, I watched a rain storm,
and enjoyed a cool morning. Okay I really do feel wonderful now.

No comments:

Post a Comment